Door Pressure Gauge 0-35lbs of Push/Pull Force Range DPG-PP
Take the GUESSWORK out of determining how much force is required to open commercial doors !
KNOW the EXACT amount by using the
Door Pressure Gauge (0 - 35 lb Force Range)
This instrument is capable of measuring the entire range of forces found in servicing interior and exterior doors.
Building and Fire Code Inspectors
Architects and Contractors
Building Maintenance Engineers
Commercial Door and Hardware Professionals
MEET ADA REQUIREMENTS and Satisfy Codes pertaining to Fire and Elevator Doors.
The American with Disabilities Act requires that both interior and exterior doors of a building be handicapped accessible.
Door Opening Force [4.13.11 ADA Accessibility Guidelines ]
• Exterior hinged doors : (Reserved)
• Interior hinged doors : 5 lbs (22.2N)
• Sliding or folding doors : 5 lbs (22.2N)
The Door Pressure Gauge is guaranteed to give you accurate readings, is incredibly easy to operate and is MADE IN THE USA !
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS :
1. Set the top (small) o-ring located on the plunger rod on zero, down against the instrument's flange; or set the o-ring on the desired force.
2. Holding the instrument firmly, press slowly against the door at a point approximately handle-high, and 30 inches away from the door's hinges.
3. Read the amount of force required to open the door on the plunger scale closest to the bottom of the small o-ring.
"It's a necessary tool for anyone who has to adjust door pressure or verify the required ADA specifications are met."
Don't just hope it's right... KNOW it's RIGHT !
The Double Action Door Pressure Gauge or "Push Pull" is designed for testing door pressure, operating mechanisms, and controls. The unit is similar to the Single Action Door Pressure Gauge, except the double action allows you to "push" on the tool and measure the amount of resistance as well as use the hook to "pull" and measure resistance on certain control. The Push Pull is perfect for testing door pressure for ADA compliance and has a range of 0-35 pounds.